Lagardère Travel Retail (Pacific), a dynamic part of the global Lagardère group, is a world-leading Travel Essentials, Duty Free and Food Service retailer, with operations in 30 countries throughout Europe, North America, Asia and the Pacific. We currently operate over 140 retail outlets across the Pacific with most in major airports and commuter terminals. Today, Lagardère Travel Retail continues to grow and expand its portfolio of brands, keeping pace with this ever changing and diverse environment.
We are looking for a data-obsessed Demand Planner to join us in a newly created role supporting our Supply Chain, Commercial and Inventory teams. Responsible for developing demand forecast models and tools, you will support cross-functional conversations to enable optimised inventory strategies on existing SKUs, new products and product phase-outs.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Coordinate cross-functional discussion to reconcile variances and refine the forecast model
- Partner with other internal business divisions to understand demand forecast drivers
- Prepare and maintain relevant reports pertaining to demand planning process
- Support the development of inventory strategies
The successful candidate will demonstrate at least 3 years’ experience working in a demand planning function within a Retail or FMCG environment, with a comprehensive knowledge of demand planning processes and procedures.
In addition, you will have:
- Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or Engineering
- Advanced Microsoft suite skills including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Keen interest in and understanding of analytics, with an eye for detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with ERP, WMS and Demand Planning software
- Knowledge of SAP & DSX or similar will be highly regarded
We operate in a constantly evolving and fast paced retail environment where you will have the opportunity to challenge yourself and work with a dynamic team of dedicated professionals. We work to recognise high performance and your contribution will not go unnoticed. This is your opportunity to shine in the limelight, working in a supportive but challenging environment, with great career opportunities, offices close to Sydney Airport with exciting views, and a free onsite Gym.
Experience new horizons, every day!