Lagardère Travel Retail (Pacific), a dynamic part of the global Lagardère group, is a world-leading Travel Essentials, Duty Free and Food Service retailer, with operations in 30 countries throughout Europe, North America, Asia and the Pacific. We currently operate over 140 retail outlets across the Pacific with most in major airports and commuter terminals. Today, Lagardère Travel Retail continues to grow and expand its portfolio of brands, keeping pace with this ever changing and diverse environment.
We are looking for a data-obsessed analyst to join us in a newly created role supporting our commercial team. Responsible for developing and deploying strategic pricing initiatives, models and tools, you will mine and analyse business performance data to discover opportunities to improve sales and margin in ticket prices, promotions and markdowns. You’ll keep your keen eyes on the wider market and monitor competitor activity to ensure we keep ahead of the pace.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Develop & deploy strategic pricing initiatives across channels & brands that encourage higher volume sales, and/or improve margin and increase customer satisfaction
- Partner with cross-functional teams
- Provide input and guidance into annual financial planning process on upcoming pricing strategy changes and trends in the marketplace
- Monitor & report on strategic pricing initiatives
- Ensure the integrity of pricing databases
- Participate in review of financial performance of all categories
- Maintain knowledge and monitor market developments that may impact price
We are looking for a someone with a good foundation in retail, and ideally category management, who demonstrates a keen interest in analytics and possesses well-developed communication skills.
To deliver at the optimum level you will have:
- Degree in Business Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics or Marketing Analytics
- Advanced Microsoft suite skills including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Keen interest in and understanding of analytics, with an eye for detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of retail pricing concepts and methodologies
We operate in a constantly evolving and fast paced retail environment where you will have the opportunity to challenge yourself and work with a dynamic team of dedicated professionals. We work to recognise high performance and your contribution will not go unnoticed. This is your opportunity to shine in the limelight, working in a supportive but challenging environment, with great career opportunities, offices close to Sydney Airport with exciting views, and a free onsite Gym.
Experience new horizons, every day!