Indirect Procurement Officer
Lagardère Travel Retail (Pacific), a dynamic part of the global Lagardère group, is a world-leading Travel Essentials, Duty Free and Food Service retailer, with operations in 30 countries throughout Europe, North America, Asia and the Pacific. We currently operate over 140 retail outlets across the Pacific with most in major airports and commuter terminals. Today, Lagardère Travel Retail continues to grow and expand its portfolio of brands, keeping pace with this ever changing and diverse environment.
Reporting to the CFO, this role is primarily responsible for sourcing and purchasing goods and services to enable the business to perform at its optimum level. The position requires a willingness to take initiative and problem solve, along with strong organisation, communication and negotiation skills being essential to deliver effective outcomes.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Lead the design and implementation of sourcing plans and strategies for all indirect procurement
- Lead the benchmarking and bidding process - negotiating pricing/terms and conditions; and final contract award to implementation
- Proactively manage the vendor contract life cycle to prepare the organisation for contract re-negotiations and/or renewals
- Develop metrics, tools, and processes to track and communicate efficiencies
- Provide innovative sourcing solutions to the business by bringing continuous improvement and market driven innovation
You are a results driven and self-motivated individual with strong problem-solving capabilities and refined negotiating skills. As you will be required to work with a variety of stakeholders both inside and outside the organisation, you will need to have above average communication skills and the ability to positively influence outcomes.
Key to delivering at optimum level you will need to have:
- Tertiary qualification in procurement, project management or related field
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in procurement, preferably in indirect sourcing
- Strong financial and analytical skills with a high degree of business acumen
- A good understanding of procurement processes and project management methodologies
- In-depth knowledge and experience of strategic sourcing processes
- Experience in retail would be well regarded although not essential
We operate in a constantly evolving and fast paced retail environment where you will have the opportunity to challenge yourself and work with a dynamic team of dedicated professionals. We work to recognise high performance and your contribution will not go unnoticed. This is your opportunity to shine in the limelight, working in a supportive but challenging environment, with great career opportunities, offices close to Sydney Airport with exciting views, and a free onsite Gym.
Experience new horizons, every day!