Lagardère Travel Retail, a dynamic part of the global Lagardère group, is a world-leading Travel Essentials, Duty Free and Food Service retailer, with operations in 30 countries throughout Europe, North America, Asia and the Pacific. We currently operate over 140 retail outlets across the Pacific with most in major airports and commuter terminals. Today, Lagardère Travel Retail continues to grow and expand its portfolio of brands, keeping pace with this ever changing and diverse environment.
We are looking for a fresh perspective. We want you to invigorate our inventory control policies and procedures and bring your creative approach to problem solving to get those niggling bits right and help us exceed our inventory targets. You’ll take ownership of developing, embedding and enforcing optimised policies and procedures, and championing best practices. Data is your obsession and forecasting your idea of a good-time. You’ll work to develop and own all inventory data and reporting to streamline business operations. Day-to-day you’ll be responsible for:
- Analysing inventory data & other business inputs to anticipate future needs & issues.
- Verifying all inventory is accounted for & reflected in the financial statements (and discrepancies reconciled)
- Investigate, reconcile and report on inventory activities and variances
- Oversee our Loss Prevention function
- Establishing regular stocktake/cycle-counting program and reporting
You are a customer focused, process-driven visionary, with the ability to influence different groups and bring them along on the journey. It goes without saying that your communication skills are excellent, and you think laterally and always have your eye on the ‘big picture’. You don’t just pull reports, you develop them; you know what is required and how to make it happen. You are result-orientated.
We love a good negotiation, but the following are absolutely critical to this role:
- Previous experience in retail inventory management or similar role
- Proven experience managing small teams across multiple locations
- An excellent knowledge of data analysis & forecasting methods
- The ability to accurately track inventory and create reports
- Working knowledge of inventory management software (SAP and Navision highly regarded)
- The ability to communicate with all levels of Management and our customers
Why you should apply
We operate in a constantly evolving and fast paced retail environment where you will have the opportunity to challenge yourself and work with a dynamic team of dedicated professionals. We work to recognise high performance and your contribution will not go unnoticed. This is your opportunity to shine in the limelight, working in a supportive but challenging environment, with great career progression opportunities, offices close to Sydney Airport with exciting views, and a free onsite Gym.
Experience new horizons, every day!